Monday, July 18, 2011

Anyone care for a Whoopie Pie...?


Summer is in full swing and we have been enjoying our family vacation as well as our own little get away (picture's and stories to come) but in the meantime while school is out and work is all I have going BAKING has become a luxury that time hasn't permitted me to enjoy. I thought I would share what I made last night for Sunday dessert. WHOOPIE PIES! Okay so the name is a little odd and as I was placing them on the baking sheet both Kaden and Marc told me they looked more like cow pies, but this is really how they turned out! I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture after I made them but both Marc's family and mine can testify that this is what they truly looked like. They are super yummy and you can decorate them really cute! Great idea for either a bridal or baby shower or just for fun:)  I have a whole recipe book devoted to whoopie pies, there are hundreds of different kinds you can make(Last picture below). I attached some pictures just to show you how cute and fun you can make them.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man those look good. Now I'm hungry and it's past my bedtime! Way to go, Lyss. Nummy. You are following in your mommy's footsteps.